Project Assignment 4
MPI-IO performance modeling
- Construct a simple performance model for parallel individual I/O (accessing individual files),
and collective I/O with BLOCK distribution.
Goal: Given the below input parameters, output the predicted wall
execution time for an MPI-IO parallel file access operation.
- system parameters such as read/write throughput and inter-processor message passing
- file sizes (for individual I/O)
- array size, dimension, and distribution information (for collective I/O).
- Verify your model with measured execution time. Design your tests to use different number
of processors, read/write sizes, and array distributions.
- Plot the predicted time and measured
time with Excel charts. Email the instructor Powerpoint slides showing the charts.