- Fall, 2008 ~ Current. PhD student in NCSU (advisor : Dr. Injong Rhee)
- 2008. MS in EECS, Seoul National University (advisor : Dr. Chongkwon Kim)
- 2006. BS in CSE, Seoul National University
- Internship at HP Labs, Palo Alto, CA, Sep 2011 - Dec 2011
- Internship at Bell Labs, Murray Hill, NJ, June 2011 - Aug 2011
- Wireless MAC protocols (802.11 and 802.15.4)
- MIMO communication and practical deployment of multiuser MIMO systems
- Wireless MAC and PHY co-optimization
- Smart phone localization techniques
- Sungro Yoon, Kyunghan Lee and Injong Rhee, "FM-based Indoor Localization via Automatic Fingerprint DB
Construction and Matching", accepted to ACM MobiSys (acceptance ratio: 15.7%), Taipei, Taiwan, 2013
- Sungro Yoon, Li Erran Li, Soung Liew, Romit Roy Choudhury, Kun Tan and Injong Rhee,
"QuickSense: Fast and Energy-Efficient Channel Sensing for Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks" ,
accepted to IEEE INFOCOM (17%), Turin, Italy, 2013.
- Sungro Yoon, Bang Chul Jung, Kyunghan Lee and Injong Rhee,
"ADOPT: Practical Add-On MIMO Receiver for Concurrent Transmissions", NCSU Technical Report, submitted to a journal
- Sungro Yoon, Injong Rhee, Bang Chul Jung, Babak Daneshrad and Jae Kim,
"Contrabass: Concurrent Transmissions without Coordination for Ad Hoc Networks", IEEE INFOCOM (15.96%) , Shanghai, China, 2011.
- Sungro Yoon, "Contrabass: Concurrent Transmissions without Coordination",
ACM SIGCOMM poster session, Delhi, India, 2010.
- E. Eraslan, V. Panchagnula, Babak Daneshrad, Sungro Yoon, Injong Rhee and J. H. Kim, "Signal processing techniques to enable concurrent communications in MIMO enabled networks", IEEE Asilomar, Pacific Grove, CA, 2009.
- Sungro Yoon, Jiwoong Jung, Chong-kwon Kim, Woo-jin Yang, Tae-il Kim and Hae-won Jung, "New Approach for Reducing DAD delay using Link Layer Assistance in Mobile IPv6", IEEE MUE, Seoul, Korea, 2007.
Honors and Awards
- Phi Kappa Phi
- IEEE Student Travel Grant (April 2011, to Shanghai)
- syoon4 at ncsu dot edu
- + 1 - 919 - 757 - 9088