Upcoming Conferences, Workshops, Talks, and Other Activities:
Past Conferences, Workshops, and Other Activities (for which I have been an organizer or primary lecturer):
- SIAM Activity Group in Algebraic Geometry
- SIAM Journal on Applied Algebra and Geometry (SIAGA)
- Triangle Lectures in Combinatorics
- Short Course on Algebraic Statistical Models in Phylogenetics, Kobe University, Japan, March 5-9, 2018.
- Triangle Lectures in Combinatorics, Raleigh, NC, March 24, 2018.
- Unnamed Applied Algebraic Geometry Meeting, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA, April 7, 2018.
- AMS Special Session on Algebraic Statistics, Boston, MA, April 22-23, 2018.
Commutative Algebra with Applications to Statistics and Coding Theory, Zacatecas, Mexico, June 25 - July 6, 2018.
- Minisymposium on Identifiability of Biological and Statistical models, SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, Atlanta, Georgia, July 31- August 4, 2017
- AMS Special Session on Gaussian Graphical Models and Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry, Atlanta, GA, January 4-7, 2017.
- AMS Special Session on Applied Algebraic Geometry, Raleigh, NC, November 12-13, 2016.
- Current Trends on Gröbner Bases, Mathematical Society of Japan, Seasonal Institute, Osaka, Japan, July 1-10, 2015.
- Triangle Area Graduate Mathematics Conference (TAGMaC), March 21, 2015.
- Algebraic Statistics at IIT, Chicago, IL, May 19-22, 2014.
- Invited Address, Effective Methods in Algebraic Geometry (MEGA), Frankfurt, Germany, June 3-7, 2013.
- Invited Tutorial, International Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic Computation (ISSAC), Grenoble, France, July 22-25, 2012.
- Minisymposium on Algebraic and Combinatorial Methods in Biology, SIAM Annual Meeting, July 9-13, 2012.
- Algebraic Statistics in the Alleghenies at Penn State, State College, PA, June 9-15, 2012.
- Algebraic Methods in Evolutionary and Systems Biology, MBI, Columbus, OH, May 7-11, 2012.
- Bay Area Discrete Math Day (in honor of Bernd Sturmfels' 50th birthday), March 17, 2012.
- MAA Invited Address, Joint Mathematics Meeting, Boston, MA, January 4-7, 2012.
- MAA Invited Paper Session on Algebraic Statistics, Boston, MA, January 4-7, 2012.
- SIAM Meeting on Applied Algebraic Geometry, Raleigh, NC, October 6-9, 2011.
- Invited Address, AMS Southeastern Sectional Meeting, Wake Forest University, NC, September 24-25, 2011.
- Special Session on Algebraic and Geometric Aspects of Matroids, AMS Southeastern Sectional Meeting, Wake Forest University, NC, September 24-25, 2011.
- Algebraic Geometry in the Sciences, CMA, Oslo, Norway, January 10-14, 2011.
- Parameter Identification in Graphical Models, AIM, Palo Alto, CA, October 4-8, 2010.
- Minisymposium on Discrete Mathematical Biology SIAM Conference on Discrete Mathematics, Austin, TX, June 14-17, 2010
- Algebraic Methods in Systems Biology and Statistics, SAMSI, Research Triangle Park, NC, 2008-9.
- Algebraic Methods Transition Workshop, SAMSI, Research Triangle Park, NC, June 18-20, 2009.
- Applications of Algebraic and Geometric Combinatorics, AMS Special Session, Southeastern Sectional Meeting, Raleigh, NC, April 4-5, 2009.
- Algebraic Statistical Models, SAMSI Mid-program workshop, Research Triangle Park, NC, Jan. 15-17, 2009.
- Opening Workshop on Algebraic Methods in Systems Biology and Statistics, SAMSI, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sep. 14-17, 2008.
- Oberwolfach Seminar on Algebraic Statistics, Oberwolfach, Germany, May 11-17, 2008.
- Algebraic Statistics and Computational Biology. "Theme Topic" in Statistica Sinica.
- Applicable Algebraic Geometry. Texas A&M, College Station, Texas, July 23 - August 10, 2007.
- Algebraic Statistics Short Course. DIAMANT/EIDMA, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, June 25-29, 2007.
- Applications of Algebraic Geometry. Institute for Mathematics and Its Applications, Minneapolis, MN, September 2006 - July 2007.
- Applications in Biology, Dynamics, and Statistics. Institute for Mathematics and Its Applications, Minneapolis, MN, March 5-9, 2007.
- Algebraic Statistics Mini-course. Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina, July 3 - July 7, 2006.
- Algebraic Statistics, Tropical Geometry, and Computational Biology. Summer School. Sophus Lie Conference Center, Nordfjordeid, Norway, June 17-21, 2006.
- Algebraic Statistics Short Course. Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, May 30 - June 2, 2006.
- Algebraic Statistics: Theory and Practice. AMS Special
Session, Joint Mathematics Meetings, San Antonio, TX, January 12-13,
- Algebraic Statistics and Computational Biology. Clay Mathematics Institute, Cambridge, MA, November 12-14, 2005.