Laboratory of Monogastric Nutrition & Digestive Physiology
Welcome to the Kim Lab (Monogastric Nutrition &
Digestive Physiology) at Department of Animal
Science, North Carolina State University.
We are working to facilitate animal production with nutrition and digestive
physiology specialized in monogastric animals
especially swine and poultry (70%). Our research also involves the use of
animals as a model for human nutrition (30%).
Our research includes broad
areas of nutrition but focused on (1) metabolism and nutrition of amino
acid/protein/amino acid metabolites in pregnant and lactating animals and young
animals, (2) oxidative and metabolic stresses during pregnancy and lactation,
(3) developing alternative protein and energy sources for young animals, (4)
Role of functional amino acids during gestation and lactation, etc.
- Dr. Sung Woo Kim, the PI, Professor
and University Faculty Scholar (Resume/Homepage)
- Dr. Inkyung Park, Postdoctoral Research
- Jiyao Guo, Ph.D.
- Wanpuech Parnsen, Ph.D. Candidate
- Hongyu Chen, Ph.D. Candidate
- Leanne Brooks, Ph.D. Candidate
- Naiana Menzke, Ph.D. Student (CAPES Program), UFPEL, Brazil
- Shihai Zhang, Ph.D. Student (Chinese
Scholarship Council Program), China Agricultural University
- Lan Zheng,
- Jun Wang, Ph.D. Student (Chinese
Scholarship Council Program), Sichuan Agricultural University
- Ana Sevarolli,
- Comfort Gobeh, Master Student
- Maria Rodriquez, Master Student
- Young Ihn Kim,
- Marissa Herchler, Master Student
- Jennifer Lee, Master Student
- Zirui Wang, Visiting Scholar, Jiangxi
- Dr. Gang Liu,
Visiting Scientist, Chinese Academy of Science
- Alumni & Past Members
Animal Nutrition (001, 601DE)
Animal Nutrition Lab (201, 202, 601DE)
- ANS590: Advanced Nonruminant Nutrition (AgIDEA)
This web page is created and maintained by Sung Woo Kim.
Email any comment or question to webmaster
Copyright © 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004,
2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Sung Woo Kim.