MA 532-001 Fall 2012
Ordinary Differential Equations I
Ordinary Differential Equations by Schaeffer and Cain | Feedback on text
Ordinary Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems by Gerald Teschl
Course policies |
Readings and resources |
Test study guides |
Material on the Final Exam
The final exam is Wednesday, December 5, 1 - 4 p.m., in the usual room.
It will cover the material we have done in chapters 1 - 5 of the text.
For chapters 1 and 2, please use the review sheet for test 1, but omit the third item.
For chapters 3 and 4, please use the review sheet for test 2, but omit the sixth item (manifolds).
For chapter 5:
- Determine the type of an equilibrium by linearization (Problems for Chapter 5, problems 1, 2, 3).
- Use Liapunov functions and Lasalle's invariance principle (Problems for Chapter 5, problems 4, 5).
- Use linearization together with nullclines to draw phase portraits (done in lecture; try this for Problems for Chapter 5, problems 1 and 2).
- Use the Stable Manifold Theorem (Problems for Chapter 5, problems 6, 7).
- Use the contraction mapping fixed point theorem together with the variation of parameters formula (Problems for Chapter 5, problem 8).
Instructor's home page
Last modified Sun Nov 25 2012
Send questions or comments to email@example.com