Material on Test 1
Test 1 is Friday Sept. 23. It will cover chapters 1 to 3 in the online notes.
Things you should be able to do:
- From a description of a situation, write an extensive form game (1.15.1(2)).
- Analyze an extensive form game by backward induction (1.15.1, 1.15.3).
- Analyze a continuous game in which players move successively by backward induction (1.15.6, 1.15.7).
- For a game in normal form, identify weakly dominated and strictly dominated strategies (2.13.1, 2.13.3).
- Do iterated elimination of dominated strategies in normal form games (2.13.2, 2.13.3(6), 3.11.7).
- Express a situation in game theory terms by identifying the players, strategies, and payoffs, and find Nash equilibria by examining all strategy profiles (3.11.1, 3.11.5, 3.11.8, 3.11.10).
- Write an extensive form game in normal form (3.11.9).
- Find Nash equilibria using the best response correspondence (3.11.7, 3.11.9).
MA 440-001 home page
Test study guides
Instructor's home page
NC State home page
Last modified Thu Sep 15 2011
Send questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org