Slides from selected talks:
Return to my web page
- UCLA combinatorics seminar talk (December 12, 2013): Regular cell complexes in total positivity, 15 megabytes (tablet pc handwritten slides). With extra slides at the end as an appendix giving indications of some more technical details.
- Michigan combinatorics seminar talk (November 1, 2013): Regular cell complexes in total positivity, 14 megabytes (tablet pc handwritten slides). This talk touches upon many more technical details and connections to results from topology than other talks I have given on this topic. It also includes extra slides as an appendix after the talk on topics I omitted from this particular talk.
- FPSAC invited address (June 27, 2013): Topological combinatorics of Bruhat order and total positivity, 9 megabytes (tablet pc handwritten slides)
- ICERM talk (March 5, 2013): Longer version of "Symmetric chain decomposition for cyclic quotients of Boolean algebras and relation to cyclic crystals", 7 megabytes (tablet pc handwritten slides) -- based on joint work with Anne Schilling.
AMS southeastern sectional meeting invited address, Oxford MS (March 1, 2013): An interplay of combinatorics with topology, 8 megabytes (tablet pc handwritten slides)
AMS special session talk (October 13, 2012): Toric cubes, 3.9 megabytes (tablet pc handwritten slides) -- based on joint work with Alex Engström and Bernd Sturmfels.
- NCSU seminar talk (August 26, 2011): Symmetric chain decomposition for cyclic quotients of Boolean algebras and relation to cyclic crystals, 6.1 megabytes (tablet pc handwritten slides) -- talk also given at
UNC Chapel Hill (Sept. 16, 2011), U. Penn/Drexel (Oct. 18, 2011), Georgia Tech (Nov. 18, 2011), Michigan (March 30, 2012), and a shorter version at AMS sectional meeting at George Washington University (March 17, 2012) -- based on joint work with Anne Schilling.
- Seminar talk at NCSU, UNC Chapel Hill and Minnesota: The q=-1 phenomenon via homology concentration, 3 megabytes (scanned handwritten slides)
U. Minnesota talk for combinatorics grad students (May 16, 2011): Discrete Morse theory (for posets), 7.1 megabytes (tablet pc handwritten slides) -- talk also given at Banff Algebraic Combinatorixx meeting (May 26, 2011).
MIT women in math lecture series talk (April 4, 2011): Interplay of combinatorics and topology through posets (aimed at advanced MIT undergraduates and early graduate students), 8.8 megabytes (tablet PC handwritten slides) -- shorter version given at joint meetings Michler/mentoring AWM minisymposium (January 8, 2011).
Cornell math department colloquium (Nov. 4, 2010): Regular CW complexes,
total positivity and Bruhat order (with an appendix giving a few extra pictures and a bit more detail regarding collapsing maps), 9.3 megabytes (tablet PC handwritten slides) -- versions of this talk also given as a colloquium at USC (March 9, 2011), SUNY Albany (Oct. 29, 2010), UBC (March 19, 2010), Virginia Tech (April 17, 2009), UNC Charlotte (Jan. 21, 2011) and George Mason University (Nov. 16, 2012).
- SIAM discrete math meeting, Austin TX (June 14-17, 2010): CW Posets after the Poincare Conjecture (mainly a survey talk -- as minisymposium organizer, I was asked to lead off the session with such a talk)
AMS sectional meeting, St. Paul MN (April 10-11, 2010): Sorting orders, subword complexes and a map to Bruhat order -- based on joint work with Drew Armstrong.