Mithun Acharya is a Principal Scientist in the Industrial Software Systems group at the ABB Corporate Research in Raleigh, USA.
He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from North Carolina State University in 2009.
His research primarily focuses on identifying and solving the key issues that arise in large-scale software development in the industry related to programmer productivity and software quality.
His current research interests span several areas of Automated Software Engineering including Software Analytics, Code Change Impact Analysis, and Automated Software Testing.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, 2009, North Carolina State University
- Dissertation: Mining API Specifications from Source Code for Improving Software Reliability [ abstract | pdf | bib ]
- Advisor: Tao Xie
- M.S. in Computer Science, 2004, North Carolina State University
- Member, Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi for academic excellence
- B.E. in Computer Science, 2001, National Institute of Technology, Karnataka
- Principal Scientist, ABB Corporate Research Labs, Raleigh, NC, USA, since 10/09
Team: Industrial Software Systems (ISS) Research Group
- Google Summer of Code Intern, Google Inc., Mountain View, CA, USA, 5/08 - 8/08
Team: Java PathFinder, mentored by the Robust Software Engineering (RSE) group at NASA Ames Research
- Research Intern, Microsoft Center for Software Excellence (then, a part of Microsoft Research), Redmond, WA, USA, 5/07 - 8/07
Team: worked with the team that was a part of the RedDog (Windows Azure) project
- Research Intern, IBM Research, T. J. Watson Research Center, Hawthorne, NY, USA, 5/06 - 8/06
Team: Software Technology Department, Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Research Intern, NEC Labs Europe, Heidelberg, Germany, 6/04 - 12/04
Team: Software and Services Research Division
- Graduate RA/TA, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA, M.S./Ph.D. semesters
Department: Department of Computer Science
- University Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, 4/07
- Department scholarship for doctoral research/studies, 4/04 - 12/06
- NC State University Graduate Student Association certificate in recognition of outstanding research, 3/06
- Visiting Intern, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, 7/99 - 9/99, 7/00 - 7/01
Department: Centre for Electronics Design and Technology (CEDT; currently, DESE)
[ Home | Bio | Research | Activities | Teaching ]