Here are some papers that may help clarify some of the technologies discussed in class.
- A broad overview of the physical layer is available in
"Mobile Communications", by Jochen Schiller,
2nd edition (Addison Wesley).
- Details on the physical layer are available in
"Wireless Communications", by Theodore Rappaport, 2nd edition,
Antenna Radiation 101
Software defined radios
- Nice introduction to SDR basics from Pentek (pdf)
- Software Defined Radios Challenges and Opportunities, by Tore Ulversoy
(pdf) - overview.
- An Experimental Study of Network Performance Impact
of Increased Latency in Software Defined Radios, by Thomas Schmid Oussama Sekkat Mani B. Srivastava
(pdf) - nice analysis of the delays encountered in USRP (v1).
- A Software-Defined Radio for the Masses,
Part 4, by Gerald Youngblood.
- The GNU Radio website.
- Quadrature Signals: Complex, but not Complicated by Richard Lyons
A nice (but old) WiMAX tutorial
A shorter (but newer) WiMAX overview
MAC layers for WSNs
Localization for WSNs
Ad Hoc Networking Routing
Wireless Mesh Networks - Introduction
Capacity of Multi-hop Wireless Networks
Fairness in Multi-hop Wireless Networks