Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
2106 Engr Bldg II
Campus Box 7911
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7911
Electrical Engineering, 1998, University of Utah, Salt Lake City,
Electronics, 1994, Univ.of Rome "La Sapienza," Rome, Italy
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, IEEE, for contributions to Bioelectromagnetics and Implantable Devices (2008)
- Editor-in-Chief, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters (IEEE AWPL) (2008-2010)
- Technical Program Chair, 2009 IEEE Antennas and Propagation International Symposium.
- Best paper award, "GlobeCom" conference (2008)
- IEEE Wheeler Award for the best application paper published in IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation (2006)
- ALCOA Foundation Engineering Research Achievement Award (2003)
Teacher Award (2003)
Outstanding Teacher (2003)
CAREER Award (2001)
Whitaker Foundation "Biomedical Engineering Grant"
for Young Investigators (2001)
(International Union of Radio Science), Young Scientist Award,
(the Bioelectromagnetics Society), "Curtis Carl Johnson Memorial
Award" for the Best Paper presented at the Eighteenth BEMS meeting
- Poster Session, 1996
included in Who's Who in the World, Who's Who in America,
Who's Who in the West, Who's Who in Science and Engineering,
Who's Who in Finance and Industry, and 2000 Outstanding
Scientist of the XXth Century
between biological media and electromagnetic fields, implantable microantennas,
neural stimulation, biomedical electromagnetics (e.g. retinal prosthesis),
computational electromagnetics (e.g. FDTD), antennas for wireless, multiple
and vector antenna systems.
Some News About
- V. Singh, A. Roy, R. Castro, K. McClure, J. Weiland, M. Humayun, and G.Lazzi, “On the Thermal Elevation of a 60-Electrode Epi-Retinal Prosthesis to Restore Partial Vision to the Blind,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, 2008
- A. Rajagopalan, G.Gupta, B. Hughes, and G. Lazzi, “Increasing Channel Capacity of an Ultra Wideband MIMO system using Vector Antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Volume 55, Issue 10, pp. 2880-2887, Oct. 2007
- G. Lazzi, “Thermal Effects of Bioimplants,” (Invited Paper), IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, Special Issue on Biomimetic Implants, Volume 24, Issue 5, pp.75 – 81, Sept.-Oct. 2005.
DeMarco, G. Lazzi, W. Liu, J.D. Weiland, M.S. Humayun, "Computed
SAR and Thermal Elevation in a 0.25mm 2D Model of the Human Eye and
Head in response to an Implanted Retinal Stimulator. Part I: Models
and Methods," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation,
- E. Margalit,
M. Maia, J.D. Weiland, R.J. Greenberg, G.Y. Fujii, G. Torres, D.V.
Piyathaisere, T.M. O'Hearn, W. Liu, G. Lazzi, G. Dagnelie, D.A. Scribner,
E. de Juan Jr, and M.S. Humayun, "Retinal Prosthesis for the
Blind," Survey of Ophthalmology (Major Review), Vol. 47
(4), pp. 335-356, 2002
- G. Lazzi,
"An Unconditionally Stable D-H FDTD Formulation with Anisotropic PML
Boundary Conditions," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters,
Vol. 11, pp. 149-151, Apr. 2001
- O. P.
Gandhi, G. Lazzi, and C. M. Furse, "Electromagnetic Absorption in
the Human Head and Neck for Mobile Telephones at 835 and 1900 MHz,"
IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol.44,