MA-410 Homework 1
Due at 10:10am in class, Wednesday, February 2, 2005
Solutions may be submitted in person in class,
or you may email an ASCII text,
html, or postscipt/pdf-formatted document to me.
Note my office hours on my
- ENT, §1.1, Problem 13, page 8.
- ENT, §1.2, Problem 6, page 12. By "deriving" I shall
mean proving the formula by induction.
- ENT, §2.2, Problem 14, page 25.
- ENT, §2.3, Problem 2(d), page 32. Please compute the Bezout coefficients
by the extended Euclidean algorithm presented in class, not the back-substitution
given in the book.
- Prove for the extended Euclidean algorithm described in class:
sk tk+1 - sk+1 tk
for all -1 ≤ k ≤ n