Journal of Symbolic Computation: Editor-in-Chief's Web PagePublished by
Previous editor-in-chiefs: Prof. Bruno Buchberger (1985-1995, Founding editor),
Prof. Bob Caviness (1996-2000)
An international journal, the Journal of Symbolic Computation is
directed to mathematicians, computer scientists, other scientists, engineers and
educators who have a particular interest in symbolic computation. Its vision is
to provide a forum for integrated research in the algorithmic treatment of all
types of symbolic objects. It is the explicit goal of the journal to promote the
integration of symbolic computation by establishing one common avenue of
communication for researchers working in the different subareas.
Research Areas include
- Algorithmic algebra
- Algorithmic geometry (non-linear)
- Algorithmic analysis
- Automated theorem proving
- Design and implementation of symbolic computation languages and systems
- Non-trivial applications in education, science, engineering and industry
Submittal of Manuscripts
It is strongly recommended that the paper is prepared in LaTeX
using the JSC style which can be obtained from
This will significantly speed up the publication process of the paper.
Send an email to the Editor-In-Chief (Prof. Hoon Hong) with the following content:
- The title of the paper.
- For each author, the name and the postal address.
- The abstract (must be a plain text).
- The names of three
editorial board members whom you suggest to "organize" the refeering of the paper.
Usually, one out of the three will be chosen to organize the review of the paper.
- that the persons are experts on the subject of the paper and
- that there is no conflict of interests between you and the suggested editorial board members.
- Attach the paper (must be in "pdf" format).