As an Aquaculture Specialist with the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service, my extension activities support the warmwater aquaculture industry in eastern North Carolina.
- Thirty-three years working experience in aquaculture of freshwater and marine fish and shrimp.
- Nine years of international experience, consisting of five years of research and management in the private sector and four years with warmwater fish culture extension projects.
- B.A. 1980 Psychology, Loyola College, Baltimore, MD
- M.S. 1986 Water Quality, Auburn University, Auburn, AL
- Ph.D. 1989 Water Quality, Auburn University, Auburn, AL
- Professor, 2005 - present, Department of Biology (formerly Zoology) North Carolina State University
- Associate Professor, 2001 - present, Department of Zoology, North Carolina State University
- Assistant Professor, 1994 - 2001, Department of Zoology, North Carolina State University
- Shrimp Hatchery Manager, 1993 - 1994, Continental Grain Co., Ecuador, South America
- Director of Research and Development-Aquaculture, 1989 - 1993, Continental Grain Co., Ecuador, South America
- Professor of Aquaculture, 1990 - 1993, Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral (ESPOL), Guayaquil, Ecuador, South America
- Graduate Research Assistant, 1984 - 1989, Auburn University, Alabama
- U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer, 1980 - 1984, West Africa (Gabon and Togo)
Fluent in English, French and Spanish.