Review Questions, Partial Exam 4
(Note: in reviewing for the cumulative exam, review questions from all four partial exams, as well as the exams themselves)
2. What are the implications of island biogeography for
conservation of fragmented landscapes?
3. What is the difference between primary and secondary
succession? How do interactions among species influence the
trajectory of succession?
4. What is the difference between endogenous and exogenous
disturbance? Briefly, what are the effects of disturbances
5. What determines the level of primary productivity?
What is the relationship between the levels of factors that
affect primary productivity and the rate of primary production?
6. What determines the rate of decomposition? What is
the relationship between the levels of these factors and the rate
7. Biodiversity may affect any number of
environmental/ecological factors. How does biodiversity
8. What types of pollution affect communities and
ecosystems, and how do they affect communities and ecosystems?
9. How has the environment determined the size and spread
of the human population over the past 10,000 years?