Choose a Section
Gordon-Wright, Ph.D. student, May 2010---
Crook, Ph.D. student, May 2009---
- Will Cousins, Ph.D. student, July 2009---
- Jeb Collins,
reduction: modeling and numerical analysis of two applied
Ph.D. Thesis, graduated Dec. 2010. Colorado State U., Dept. of
- Chris Brasfield, Multidimensional wavelet based homogenization, Master's project, graduated Aug. 2008, coadvised with D. Labate.
Kristen DeVault, Numerical study of two problems in fluid flow: cavitation and cerebral circulation, Ph.D. Thesis, graduated May 2008. Epic System Corporation.
- Chris Kuster,
Fast Numerical Methods for Evolving Interfaces, Ph.D. Thesis, graduated Aug. 2006. Assistant Professor, Carroll College.
- Meghan O'Malley, Granular material flow in conical,
nonaxisymmetric hoppers, Master's project, graduated in August 2003,
Bureau of Labor Statistics. U.S. Dept. of Labor.
- Kristy A. Coffey, Ph.D. student, 1999-2005.
John V. Matthews, An analytical
and numerical study of granular flows in hoppers,
Ph.D. Thesis, graduated Aug. 2000.
- Thomas Kaempfer, Approximation of phase
change problems by finite volume methods, visiting
scholar from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology,
Lausanne, Switzerland, October 1997-March 1998.
- Nicolas R. Ide, Numerical approximation of
nonstandard solutions to Hamilton-Jacobi equations,
Master's project, graduated in August 1997. Lincoln Lab., MIT.
- Kelly Lowder, Adaptive, residual-based numerical
methods for nonlinear conservation laws, Master's project,
graduated in August 1996.
Classes taught at NCSU
- MA 141 Analytic Geometry and Calculus I
- MA 231 Analytic Geometry and Calculus B
- MA 241 Analytic Geometry and Calculus II
- MA 242 Analytic Geometry and Calculus III
- MA 301 Introduction to Differential Equations
- MA 341 Applied Differential Equations I
- MA 501 Advanced Mathematics for Engineers and
- MA 580 Numerical Analysis I
- MA 587 Finite Element Method
- MA 780 Numerical Analysis II
- MA 785 Numerical Solution of Ordinary Differential Equations
- MA 798 Special Topics in Numerical Analysis