- Member, Clean Air Scientific Advisory Committee, U.S.
Environmental Protection Agency (2008-2011), and Member of CASAC Particulate Matter (PM) Review Panel, Carbon Monoxide
Review Panel, Oxides
of Nitrogen Primary Review Panel, Oxides
of Nitrogen (NOx) and Sulfur Oxides (SOx) Secondary Review Panel, Ozone Review Panel,
Oxides Primary Review Panel.
- Member, Board on
Environmental Studies and Toxicology, National Research Council,
- Member, Committee on Review of EPA's Toxicological Assessment of
Tetrachloroethylene, National Research Council, 2008-2009.
- Member, U.S. EPA Science Advisory Board (SAB) Expert Elicitation Advisory Panel, 2008-2009.
- Invited participant and lead author (Chapter 3), NARSTO
Multi-pollutant air quality management assessment, 2007-2009.
- Invited Expert,
Advisory Council on Clean Air Compliance Analysis, U.S. Environmental
Protection Agency, report on “Characterizing
Uncertainty in Particulate Matter Benefits Using Expert Elicitation.” 2008.
- Invited member of ad hoc peer review panel to
review the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s draft Report on the Environment,
Washington, DC, January 11, 2008.
- Founding member, Luso-American
Transportation Impacts Study Group (LATIS-G), 2008 – present.
- Member, Committee on the Effects of Changes in
New Source Review Programs for Stationary Sources of Air Pollutants,
National Research Council, March 2004 to Summer 2006 (Final Report).
FIFRA Scientific Advisory Panel, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency,
April 2004 to August 2006.
- Invited working group member, Guidance Document on Characterizing and Communicating
Uncertainty in Exposure Assessment, Harmonization Project Document No.
6, International Program on Chemical Safety, World Health Organization,
- Invited Lead Author, “Uncertainties,” Chapter 3
in Volume 1,
General Guidance and Reporting, 2006
IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories, National
Greenhouse Gas Inventories Programme, Inter-Governmental Panel on Climate
- Member of organizing committee, German-American
Frontiers of Engineering symposium for May 2005, National Academy of
- Lead author (Chapter 8), NARSTO Emission Inventory Assessment,
- Drafting Group member, Joint FAO/WHO “Guidelines
on Risk Characterization of Microbiological Hazards in Food,” 2003
(final document in preparation).
- Member of Residual Risk Subcommittee, appointed
by US EPA’s Science Advisory Board (SAB) Executive Committee, to review
EPA’s draft Report to Congress on Residual Risk Assessment, 1998.
- Chair, Workshop on Selecting Input Distributions
for Probabilistic Assessments, Risk Assessment Forum, U.S. Environmental
Protection Agency, April 1998. Final
- Peer Reviewer on Speed Correction Factors for the
Mobile6 emission factor model, Office of Transportation and Air Quality,
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
See peer review comments.
- Invited Participant, Workshop on Monte Carlo
Analysis, Risk Assessment Forum, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, May
1996. Summary Report.
- Scientific peer reviewer, U.S. EPA Interim Report
to Congress on Study of Hazardous Air Pollutant Emissions from Electric
Utility Steam Generating Units, 1995.
Final report is available.
Return to Top
Last Updated January 4, 2008.