FreeIAT version 1.3.3
The FreeIAT was created to provide a free, open-source alternative to commercial software used to administered the Implicit Association Test. The FreeIAT is intended for Psychologists and others with professional training.
- Highly customizable
- Prompt-driven set-up makes it easy to get your IAT up and running quickly
- Administer either text or images
- Scoring using Greenwald, Nosek, and Banaji (2003) D algorithm provided in output
- Two output files: One with full raw data and one with only scores
- Open Visual Basic source code for those inclined to tinker
Screenshots of the FreeIAT: (click to enlarge)
The IAT in Action
Setting Up the IAT
Citing the FreeIAT: Meade, A. W. (2009). FreeIAT: An open-source program to administer the implicit association test. Applied Psychological Measurement, 33, 643.