- Practice final exam
- Notes on the project.
- Topics for test two. List of topics, with pointers to lectures and homework questions, for test two. *** Note: disregard topic 5: I won't ask a question on 2D models. Sample paper for test two. This is longer than a test that I would set, but I included an example question for each of the broad topics relevant for this test. The questions are not as polished as the ones that you will see next week. The formula sheet lower down on this page contains all the formulae needed for this paper.
- Homework seven. Due Friday, November 2nd, at 5pm.
- Homework six. Due Friday, October 26th, at 5pm.
My answers to homework 6.
- Homework five. Due Friday, October 19th, at 5pm.
My answers to homework 5.
- Homework four. Due Wednesday, October 10th, at 5pm.
Worked example of a bifurcation diagram question.
- Homework three. Due Friday, September 28th, at 5pm.
- Week of September 10th: no graded homework. Practice paper for test one, together with the formula sheet.
My answers to these questions.
If you would like me to look through your answers, please get them to me (handed-in or emailed) by 5pm on Friday.
- Suggested supplementary exercises (sketching solution curves). Section 5: 7, 9, 13, 15, 19, 35, 37.
- Homework two. Due 5pm, Friday September 7th. My answers for this homework. Also: Excel spreadsheet that does the Forward Euler method (be sure to click on the Forward Euler Logistic tab).
- Suggested supplementary exercises, from "scanned notes" text. Section 1: 27, 29, 24, 26, 28. Section 7: 5, 7, 9
- Homework one. Due 5pm, Friday August 31st. (Later deadline than usual.) My answers for this homework.
- Suggested supplementary exercises, from "scanned notes" text. Section 1: 1, 7, 9, 14, 17, 21. Section 2: 1, 3, 5, 19, 29, 35. Not to be handed in; answers to most of these are given in the answers section of the text.