ENG 207Q Meter Quiz
1. Name each poetic foot by its accent pattern ( X = accented, U = unaccented)
a) X U trochee
b) X U U dactyl
c) U U X anapest
d) U X iamb
e) X X spondee
2. A line with three feet is called ___trimeter_______________.
3. Which of these feet produce a rising rhythm? trochee iamb
4. Which is an example of elision: a) oe'r b) three-personed
5. Write this line and scan it by marking the stressed and unstressed syllables.
Bright before it beat the water. xu xu xu xu (trochaic tetrameter)