Professor S. Tsynkov
Department of Mathematics
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695
E-mail address: tsynkov(at)math(dot)ncsu(dot)edu
- MSc in Engineering Physics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 1989;
- PhD in Computational Mathematics, Russian Academy of Sciences, 1992;
- DSc in Computational Mathematics, Russian Academy of Sciences, 2004.
- Numerical solution of PDEs, in particular, numerical methods for infinite-domain problems;
- Non-deteriorating numerical algorithms for long-time computations;
- Applications to fluid flows and wave propagation, including acoustics, electromagnetism, optics, and plasma;
- Inverse problems, including active control of sound and SAR imaging.