WelcomeI am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at North Carolina State University (NCSU). I am also a member of the Networking Research Group at NCSU. I received my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Michigan State University.
I am recruiting self-motivated and hard-working graduate students who are interested in computer networks, Internet of things, and/or computer and network security. Students with a relatively strong mathematical background are preferred. If you are interested, please first go through this page, and then send me an email.
Research InterestsMy research interests lie in the broad areas of Networking, Internet of Things, and Security, with a focus on network measurements and modeling, RFID based systems, activity recognition, and user/device authentication.
Selected Publications (Click here for complete list)
- ToN '16: Multi-category RFID Estimation
- UbiComp '16: Gait Recognition Using WiFi Signals
- ToN '16: Accurate and Efficient Per-flow Latency Measurement without Probing and Time Stamping
- VLDB '16: A Shifting Bloom Filter Framework for Set Queries
- ICNP '15: Fairness Matters: Identification of Active RFID Tags with Statistically Guaranteed Fairness
- MobiCom '15: Understanding and Modeling of WiFi Signal Based Human Activity Recognition
- MobiCom '15: Keystroke Recognition Using WiFi Signals
- INFOCOM '15: Expecting the Unexpected: Fast and Reliable Detection of Missing RFID Tags in the Wild
- ToN '14: Probabilistic Optimal Tree Hopping for RFID Identification
- SIGMETRICS '14: Noise Can Help: Accurate and Efficient Per-flow Latency Measurement without Packet Probing and Time Stamping
- ToN '13: Fast and Accurate Estimation of RFID Tags
- MobiCom '13: Secure Unlocking of Mobile Touch Screen Devices by Simple Gestures - You can see it but you can not do it
- SIGMETRICS '13: Probabilistic Optimal Tree Hopping for RFID Identification
- MobiCom '12: Every Bit Counts - Fast and Scalable RFID Estimation
- ICSE '12: A Large Scale Exploratory Analysis of Software Vulnerability Life Cycles
Awards2015: Fitch Beach Outstanding Graduate Research Award, Michigan State University 2015: Outstanding Graduate Student Award, Michigan State University