FreeIAT version 1.3.3
The FreeIAT was created to provide a free, open-source alternative to commercial software used to administered the Implicit Association Test. The FreeIAT is intended for Psychologists and others with professional training.
The program only runs on desktops after installation. It cannot run via internet.
- Highly customizable
- Prompt-driven set-up makes it easy to get your IAT up and running quickly
- Administer either text or images
- Scoring using Greenwald, Nosek, and Banaji (2003) D algorithm provided in output
- Two output files: One with full raw data and one with only scores
- Open Visual Basic source code for those inclined to tinker
Screenshots of the FreeIAT: (click to enlarge)
The IAT in Action
Setting Up the IAT
Citing the FreeIAT: Meade, A. W. (2009). FreeIAT: An open-source program to administer the implicit association test. Applied Psychological Measurement, 33, 643.